Tomorrow the 30th annual soc.motss.con begins with a long drive to (indeed, through most of) Pennsylvania. As part of my general trip preparation I clean (so I can come home to a clean house). Today I've:
- Cleaned the kitchen, living room, and master bathroom surfaces.
- Dry- and wet-swiffered the upstairs floors.
- Dusted the inside of the car, removed the "not needed for travel" stuff from the car, grabbed a bag to use for trash, and grabbed a spare towel to use for lumbar support on the drive.
- Filled up the car's gas tank (despite the reconstruction of the Costco gas station areas).
- Gone to the bank to get cash (and break some of it into smaller bills to tip housekeeping).
- Had lunch (ham-n-cheese pocket sammich, chips, and pickle spear)¹ and did the lunch dishes.
- Mise en placed for dinner (from-frozen chicken cordon bleu and instant "loaded baked potato" mashed potatoes).
- Packed everything (except the CPAP, laptop,² and toiletries).
- Took out the recycling (the trash will go out after dinner).
|¹||After having the pizza buffet for lunch Friday, then takeout pizza for dinner Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, as well as for breakfast Sunday, I wasn't really in the mood for pizza again for lunch today.|
|²||I need something on which I can write my con.report.|